Many entrepreneurs have that sudden spark of inspiration, that moment when an product idea is born, their minds start racing quickly with images of all its potential, jumping from one possibility to the next, and then their thoughts slowly settle and arrive at vision a futuristic company – one with crowds of customers beating at the doors of their new office building, inboxes overflowing with requests from the press wanting to interview the founders, and phone ringing with investors all wanting to get in on the deal. Finally, reality brings the entrepreneur’s thoughts to a screeching halt, “How do I go from this great idea to this great company. Where do I start?”
The idea is born, but you can only go so far with just an idea. Start-ups don’t fail because companies are unable to build a product; they fail because the business factors needed to bring that product into the market are either neglected or ignored. Practical, insightful and actionable, Startup from the Ground Up gets you moving down the right path and thinking in the right direction with tips, strategies, and techniques on how to launch a start up. Readers will discover:
- Why it’s not enough just to have a great product
- How to take a product concept and turn it into a full-fledged successful business
- Why it is so important to start marketing your product as early as possible and how to get started
- How to build a team and keep them, and why a team is more than founders and employees
- If you seek outside funding, what investors will be looking for and how to entice them
Cynthia, founder of three companies, has worked with over 25 start-ups, and she knows that having a great product isn’t enough. You have to know how to get your product out in the marketplace. The quickest way to get any fledgling idea to realize its full potential, Startup from the Ground Up provides insight that ensures a proper foundation for success.